Why do I need a Microsoft Office 365 backup?
While Microsoft provides the necessary infrastructure to ensure that Microsoft 365 works, it is up to you to protect your Microsoft 365 data from aspects such as: human error (for example, deleted items), hacker and malware attacks, malicious user actions, etc.
Microsoft doesn’t provide native backup options for Microsoft 365. It includes some basic archiving, retention and recovery features as well as versioning, but cannot guarantee full and fast restoration of data loss.
When trouble occurs resulting in loss or damage to Microsoft 365 mailboxes, OneDrive or SharePoint data, you need to have the peace of mind that you can provide your Management and Users with the reliable recovery of their lost or damaged data. Microsoft 365 Backup is the robust backup and recovery solution that enables you to do so.
- Microsoft 365 mailbox backups – Back up your Microsoft 365 mailboxes automatically, including all emails, attachments, calendars and contacts within a user’s mailbox.
- OneDrive and SharePoint Document Library backups – You can also back up files stored within your OneDrive accounts and SharePoint. You can choose whether to only back up mailboxes or to also back up files within One Drive and SharePoint.
- Easily restore deleted, lost or damaged mail items – Benefit from various restore options for entire mailboxes as well as granular restore of selected mail items, such as restoring back to the same mailbox.
- Fast and simple OneDrive and SharePoint item recovery – Use the solution’s granular restore wizard for OneDrive and SharePoint files. Either restore the files to a downloadable ZIP archive or to an existing OneDrive account or SharePoint Document Library.
- Minimal recovery point objective - Backups take place automatically up to four times per day, ensuring a low recovery point objective (RPO) in case of data loss or damage.
- Archiving or migrating mailboxes – All emails within a Microsoft 365 mailbox can be restored to a downloadable PST file. The PST file can then be opened in Outlook to view and restore individual emails and attachments. This is ideal for archiving or migrating a user’s mailbox.
- Unlimited, secure storage – Your Microsoft 365 mailbox and/or OneDrive and SharePoint backups are automatically saved to our secure cloud backup location hosted on Microsoft Azure. This way, you don't have to think about setting up your own servers to save backups to.
- Browsable backups – Search and browse through your backups through various filters, with searchability throughout different backup versions, and avoid separate time-consuming searches.
- Granular user access – Provide access rights to selected user accounts within your team, giving them the ability to browse and restore organisation data.